It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here! You arrived just in time for the Scrap Tiffany Holiday Blog Hop! Thanks for stopping by! If you just landed on my blog, you will definitely want to start from the beginning at the Scrap Tiffany blog so that you don't miss one stop on this amazing journey of Holiday inspiration!
I decided to make some Christmas trees out of magazines and an old paperback book. You could just leave them plain and they look great that way too, but you know me, I always have to add a little bling! I decided to add decorations to mine. (Click on photo to view larger.)

I decided to make some Christmas trees out of magazines and an old paperback book. You could just leave them plain and they look great that way too, but you know me, I always have to add a little bling! I decided to add decorations to mine. (Click on photo to view larger.)

The large tree was created with a magazine and the two smaller trees were from a paperback book already in the donation box! I made the two smaller trees from one book and still have pages left over.
I think the white one is actually my favorite!I actually sprayed my trees with white spray paint and just a touch of matte silver metallic spray paint. I then sprayed with adhesive and glittered and glittered also adding some glitter stars. Again, you don't have to spray paint, you could just leave plain and they look really cool that way too.
I added a white bird, some tulle, some white feathers and more. I love how silver bead garland looks on the tree. 
For the red tree, I just added some more of the berries from the Christmas pics I picked up at Michael's, added a ribbon and some wire with bling!


The black tree was created by just using different sizes of black brads. I didn't have any black balls or berries so I went with what I had. white bird, some tulle, some white feathers and more. I added black tulle at the top, again with wire and some beads.
It's actually very easy! I'll show you how...
Step 1:
Start with your magazine. Make sure to bend the spine open and break the spine. Something you would normally NEVER do, I know, but it's important for this project!Step 2:
Step 4:
Step 5:
Step 6:
Step 7:
As you continue, you will start to see the tree taking shape. Continue until the magazine is completely folded and the tree is completed. If you like you can glue the back page to the front page to keep it's shape although it usually isn't necessary.Step 8:
Once folding is complete and tree is shaped, you can spray paint and glitter if you like. Then just decorate how you choose. I used Christmas picks found on sale at Michael's. You can embellish as much or as little as you like.
I have to say, this definitely got me in the Christmas mood very early. I have been creating with Christmas music and now I'm ready to decorate....might have to wait a bit on that!
Well, you better get hopping on to the next stop, but before you do, make sure you leave me a comment to be entered in the drawing for my giveaway! I have a variety of items I'll be packaging up for the winner! Take a peek at what you can win....
Well, you better get hopping on to the next stop, but before you do, make sure you leave me a comment to be entered in the drawing for my giveaway! I have a variety of items I'll be packaging up for the winner! Take a peek at what you can win....
A package of Glimmer Chips, a bottle of Glimmer Mist, alphas, Sassafras Chipboard, SEI rubons, Jenni Bowlin banner stickers, and more....
And a few papers from My Little Shoebox with matching die-cuts and overlays....Just leave me a comment and I'll post the winner on Wednesday morning!Now you better get going so you don't miss any of the great ideas from the other Scrap Tiffany designers....
Next on the hop is the amazing Abby....
Thanks for participating in the Scrap Tiffany Holiday Hop! Don't forget to leave a comment...
***Wednesday morning update: Feel free to still leave a comment however winner has already been chosen. Thank you.
***Wednesday morning update: Feel free to still leave a comment however winner has already been chosen. Thank you.










I can't believe you made your gorgeous out of this world beautiful trees out of a magazine!!!! As I was reading through it, I was thinking, "Please tell me how to do it!" Thank you so much for the fabulous idea. This is something I definitely want to try :)))
ReplyDeleteWow what a great Tuto ! So pretty your job.... Congratulations...
ReplyDeleteHave a great Day ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/
Sheri, your trees are amazing!! 'So creative and so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOMG...you blow me away every time! Love them, headed to find a magazine now!!!
ReplyDeleteSheri ~
ReplyDeleteI remember these as a kid but they never looked as beautiful as yours. I just might have to dig out some magazines!
ohhhh the trees are sooo awesome!!!!
ReplyDeletehugs
Brenda
These trees are just so beautiful, I will have to give them a try for sure. TFS.
ReplyDeletejennyplace26@gmail.com
OMG this is just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had never seen anything like this before!!!!! Truly talented my friend!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is just amazing!!!!! a definity scraplift!!! I am serious, I am recreating this soon!!!
ReplyDeleteGaby
gabycreates.com
Oh My!! Sis, these are gorgeous!! You have outdone yourself. They are so pretty!! The color is amazing!! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteit's really beautiful sheri.
ReplyDeleteOh I love those trees! I am so going to make one (or maybe two)! Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteoh! my goodness!!!!! your trees are just stunning!! as I read through your post I was hoping you made a "how to" and you did!! sweet Sheri ! you are the best!! and this giveway is amazing! so many goodies! is it christmas already!< i guess you don't ship to France ! but it doesn't matter! i am here to "hop" , I love your trees and i am off to the next blog!! have a great day!
ReplyDeleteYour trees are jaw-drapping gorgeous! Thank you for the tutorial!
ReplyDeletewow those are so cool. need to try my hand at making one of those. thanks for putting the instructions in.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute tree!! This is definitely going on my "to do" list! Love it!
ReplyDeleteoooh sheri!!! LOVE those trees!!! stunning!
ReplyDeletethese are fabuous! I'm off to find some magazines!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute idea Sheri!!! Love them!!
ReplyDeleteThose are stunning!! I knew there was a reason I've held onto all these darn magazines!! Your nails look great too! ;)
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that done in awhile. Just beautiful TFS
ReplyDeleteSheri your trees are beautiful, hard to believe they came from a magazine and who doesn't have a few of those around. First time on your blog but it won't be the last. Thanx for the tutorial, great job.
ReplyDeleteCathy S
seashore@telus.net
well wouldn't you know I just got together a bunch of magazines for the recycle bin and forgot to put them in there...guess I know how to recycle them now...also have a ton of old crossword books that I think will work well...TFS
ReplyDeletegoin fot the magazine!!
ReplyDeleteSusan
lavenderangel@centurytel.net
Your trees are stunning. I can't wait to try making one. Thanks for the instructions.
ReplyDeletewow,amazing!!what an idea!!Thanks for inspiration!!!
ReplyDeleteOH-EM-GEE! Those tree's are STUNNING! I can't even believe an old magazine or book could be transformed into something so beautiful! How talented and creative you are! Nice work!
ReplyDeleteOMGoodness....those trees are OUTSTANDING. They are beautiful and from a magazine and paper back...who would've thought.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the tutorial. I LOVE THEM and will defintely try it.
Hugs...
I have been wanting to try these. They are so cute I love how you have them blinged out! And Wholy moley what candy you have! you are going to have one lucky winner! TFS and the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteKacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com
Wow! What a fabulous project - your trees are lovely!
ReplyDeleteSheri...I love these trees! All your work amazes me. THis is stuff I have on hand. It looks like I have to make a new Christmas decoration for my mantle this year. Thanks for the tutorial!
ReplyDeleteOmg, I had forgotten about this technique till now. We used to make these with the old tv guides. Yeah to you for reminding me about these. They are truley beautiful
ReplyDeleteBurffrau @ aol dot com
I love the trees, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWow!! I cannot wait to have a go at making my own. These are super cool and a good way to recycle. Love them. Thanks for the fab idea.xx
ReplyDeleteWonderful, terrific and all those other good words!! i can't wait to try this with my family. We always craft together on Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeletesmilesmoor2 at verizon dotnet
I remember trees like this from many years ago. Yours are beautiful. Thank you for bringing back a great craft idea. Your prizes look great also.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, I love the red one! My granny and I used to make those out of Readers Digest magazines when I was little.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh those are gorgeous! i cant believe they were once magazines!! I have plenty collecting dust--now I know what to do with them!
ReplyDeleteYour trees are AMAZING!! I love that they are recycled!! Awesome job. Thank you so much for the step by step, will be making some tonight! Thank you so much. I just love them.
ReplyDeletepattig161@yahoo.com
My goodness this takes me back. I am sure that in grade school once we folded Reader's Digest magazines to make trees and then painted them (probably with tempura paint). These are much more elegant - just love it!
ReplyDeleteThose trees are beautiful!! I may have to try that! I love your giveaways, too! :)
ReplyDeleteWOW! that is truly amazing! I absolutely LOVE this! I'm going to try it!
ReplyDeleteAMAZING! I love this, you knocked it out of the park! I now have something to do with my magazine addiction, since I never get around to reading them.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE those trees!!! I am going to make some of those to use as decorations and favors for my cookie exchange. Thank you!
ReplyDeletebjohn3237@aol.com
http://lifekeepssurprisingme.blogspot.com
Wow! Beautiful Christmas trees! Thanks for the great tutorial!
ReplyDeleteSouthernMrs
at verizon dot net
Love the trees! I think the little details like the glitter stars take it over the top. I cant wait to try this!
ReplyDeleteOH my. those are amazing. i would have never known they were from a magazine. I might have to try this this weekend!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are sooooo stylish. I have been thinking all morning what will I make my friends and you have inspired me to try this. If it works out I will need 4, 3 for them and 1 for me. I also have plenty of mags languishing about the house. Off to the shops for trim I go. Thanks a bunch.
ReplyDeleteThese trees are beautiful!! Thanks for the great tutorial! I am certainly going to make these. I just love them. And what a great way to recycle!
ReplyDeleteHey, I forgot to mention that i love Nashville in my comment. I went to college there and love to go back and visit friends.
ReplyDeleteI get so many magazine subscriptions, this is an amazing project! I'm totally making at least one of those trees this year!!!
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea! I love your trees! I love the goodies you're giving away, I hope I get a chance to play with them. Thanks again for sharing
ReplyDeleteoh..i have seen these on Martha Stewart ...i completely forgot about them...thanks...yours looks more awesome than those on her site! Great job!!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous, Sheri!!! I can't wait to try these.
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS!!
ReplyDeleteOH my gorgeousness!
ReplyDeleteI'm half way through folding my mag. Geez, it takes quite some time.
ReplyDeleteabsolutely stunning!!
ReplyDeletethey are absolutely beautiful!
thank-you for sharing how to make them.
i love this! i will get my kids to help i think!!!
ReplyDeleteOh I just love the trees. I have made many plaques I think I will most definitely be making a tree and I have plenty of tins just waiting for me to do something with.
ReplyDeletejoymarie73@gmail.com
The trees are great.
ReplyDeleteHey Sheri~
ReplyDeleteOK, now this is CRAZY AMAZING BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE crafts out of recycled items,now I know what to do with all these magazines !
I am a follower and will be back to see more creative projects.
TFS and a chance to win
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
Bonnie C
ascrapabove@aol.com
WOW! I'm floored! I cannot believe that's made out of a magazine! I'm definitely going to try it out.
ReplyDeleteThese trees are amazing, I love them!! Thanks for sharing such a great idea- kandrewsny@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteOMGosh girl, I am speechless!! LOVES these! Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteWOW I love your trees. I am glad you showed us how you made it because I couldn't believe it until I saw the proof! They are so gorgeous and very professional looking. critterbugg365@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI remember making these at girl scouts, but they sure didn't look like yours. I love them, mom is always trying to give me old magazines, I may have to accept a few now. Thanks for sharing. Love your candy-Wow!
ReplyDeletetabitha4cm at yahoo dot com
Wow you are a true crafter! So inspiring and creative.
ReplyDeleteYour beautiful trees take me back to my childhood, when I used to take the old Sears catalogs and using this same technique make doorstops for holiday gifts. Of course they were no where near as beautiful as your trees. My goodness they are just stunning!
ReplyDeleteI get so excited when I see that you have posted something new because I just know I am going to be inspired. This time my jaw hit the floor! You are an amazing crafter!!! I can't wait to try one of these myself!
ReplyDeleteTara
thecreativeprincess at hotmail dot com
http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com/
Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love each one and I will be trying this with the kids this year, TFS!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAlina Coronado
alina.luis@live.com
http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com
OMG! I love your trees! I will make one of those.
ReplyDeleteAsharEdith
asharedith @ gmail.com
I can't wait to make these. Thanks for the tutorial
ReplyDeleteI used to make a Mr and Mrs Santa clause out of readers digest..but I really Love your trees..I will have to try and make some..probably for next Christmas or Maybe can make a couple for this Christmas..I'm so excited to try..
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm your newest follower..
Would Love it if you could check out my blog.
Minta
Thanks for the chance to win!
mintab@gmail.com
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/
THESE ARE SO ADORABLE I HOPE U DON'T MIND ME BORROWING YOUR IDEA AND THEN PASSING IT ON. LOVIN THE WAY THEY LOOK. I WILL BE MAKING A FEW OF THESE FOR GIFTS. AND MAKING A TRIP TO THE LOCAL THRIFT STORE TO GET MAGAZINES THANKS. AGAIN TABITHA
ReplyDeleteOh, this brought back memories!! I made many of these as a kid....I had completely forgotten about them...thanks for the reminder!!
ReplyDeleteI just gave out the last of the trees that I made like this. The girls all loved them. Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteI just gave out the last of the trees that I made like this. The girls all loved them. Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteTHESE ARE SO ADORABLE I HOPE U DON'T MIND ME BORROWING YOUR IDEA AND THEN PASSING IT ON. LOVIN THE WAY THEY LOOK. I WILL BE MAKING A FEW OF THESE FOR GIFTS. AND MAKING A TRIP TO THE LOCAL THRIFT STORE TO GET MAGAZINES THANKS. AGAIN TABITHA
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to make these. Thanks for the tutorial
ReplyDeleteWOW! I'm floored! I cannot believe that's made out of a magazine! I'm definitely going to try it out.
ReplyDeleteHey Sheri~
ReplyDeleteOK, now this is CRAZY AMAZING BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE crafts out of recycled items,now I know what to do with all these magazines !
I am a follower and will be back to see more creative projects.
TFS and a chance to win
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
Bonnie C
ascrapabove@aol.com
Oh I just love the trees. I have made many plaques I think I will most definitely be making a tree and I have plenty of tins just waiting for me to do something with.
ReplyDeletejoymarie73@gmail.com
i love this! i will get my kids to help i think!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS!!
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea! I love your trees! I love the goodies you're giving away, I hope I get a chance to play with them. Thanks again for sharing
ReplyDeleteI get so many magazine subscriptions, this is an amazing project! I'm totally making at least one of those trees this year!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the trees! I think the little details like the glitter stars take it over the top. I cant wait to try this!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE those trees!!! I am going to make some of those to use as decorations and favors for my cookie exchange. Thank you!
ReplyDeletebjohn3237@aol.com
http://lifekeepssurprisingme.blogspot.com
My goodness this takes me back. I am sure that in grade school once we folded Reader's Digest magazines to make trees and then painted them (probably with tempura paint). These are much more elegant - just love it!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, I love the red one! My granny and I used to make those out of Readers Digest magazines when I was little.
ReplyDeleteWonderful, terrific and all those other good words!! i can't wait to try this with my family. We always craft together on Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeletesmilesmoor2 at verizon dotnet
Wow! What a fabulous project - your trees are lovely!
ReplyDeleteOH-EM-GEE! Those tree's are STUNNING! I can't even believe an old magazine or book could be transformed into something so beautiful! How talented and creative you are! Nice work!
ReplyDeletewell wouldn't you know I just got together a bunch of magazines for the recycle bin and forgot to put them in there...guess I know how to recycle them now...also have a ton of old crossword books that I think will work well...TFS
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that done in awhile. Just beautiful TFS
ReplyDeleteoooh sheri!!! LOVE those trees!!! stunning!
ReplyDeleteOh I love those trees! I am so going to make one (or maybe two)! Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteOh My!! Sis, these are gorgeous!! You have outdone yourself. They are so pretty!! The color is amazing!! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you made your gorgeous out of this world beautiful trees out of a magazine!!!! As I was reading through it, I was thinking, "Please tell me how to do it!" Thank you so much for the fabulous idea. This is something I definitely want to try :)))
ReplyDeleteThese trees are just gorgeous! Love how easily they came together. I used to make these as a child.... thanks for the reminder and the inspiration to make them again!
ReplyDeleteOMGosh,this is so cool. I must try this TFS!!!
ReplyDeleteOM GOSH, I love these, can't wait to try this. Beautiful
ReplyDeleteWOW haven't seen those in years. My grandmother made something like it she made hers into angels - she put wings on it and a small stryofoam ball for head with hair and halo. Love the tree idea thou.
ReplyDeleteOh forgot to say that she did it back in the 60's.
ReplyDeleteWOW haven't seen those in years. My grandmother made something like it she made hers into angels - she put wings on it and a small stryofoam ball for head with hair and halo. Love the tree idea thou.
ReplyDeleteWOW amazing. My head is spinning. So many ideas. You are very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete