This Week's Challenge....

This week's challenge is posted at ScrapTiffany. This week the challenge is to make handmade flowers for your layout. Here's my layout:

These are the flowers I made. I love the looks of them and they are a lot easier to make than they look.
I started with random cut circles of paper like you see below

I then sprayed them with my Shimmerz Spritz, pinched them in the middle and scrunched a bit. While they are still damp, scrunch and shape more, heat set it with a heat tool, spray and scrunch and shape more. I didn't get more pictures because my hands were all Shimmer-ized.....but, I will give you my secret. I can't take credit for this wonderful idea because I learned it from the Shimmerz video blog hop! You can see the video from Jeni Boisvert of the Shimmerz team....go here.


I also sprayed the background of my layout with Shimmerz. I found these lace type papers and I bought one in every selection, hearts, butterflies, circles, zebra stripes.... I thought they would make great masks using the Spritz spray. So I used the heart paper as a mask on my background, spritzed it with the Shimmerz Spritz in Licorice, Barn Door, and Baby's Breath. I love the way it turned out.

Even though my layout was using handmade flowers, I needed to add a few smaller flowers for interest. I bought a large container of plain white Prima flowers especially for using the Shimmerz paints on. I used some of them and painted them with Shimmerz paints in Vintage Wine and Carmel. They came out in such beautiful shimmery color.
I loved this challenge! And I loved learning to make these flowers.... go to the ScrapTiffany blog to check out the great flowers made by the other designers. There are some really creative ideas from them. You can take part of the challenge too! Submit your layout with handmade flowers and you could win the chance to be the guest designer for November!

Thanks for looking!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. You just made my day. I have been looking for tutorials to make flowers. This one was great and apparently I need to go get some shimmers stuff now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you rocked the shimmerz and those flowers! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful page! You and your hubby are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are SO FABULOUS Sheri!
    I'm getting my first bottle of Shimmerz in the next few days!

    You make me want it NOW.
    Love this little tutorial!

    Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
    Loves.
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your flowers! You are rocking the Shimmerz Sheri--you should be on their DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are loving the Spritz. You did a gorgeous job on the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable!! I don't have any Shimmerz..I guess I need to come for a visit to play and figure out what to buy.
    Great LO and love those flowers.
    T!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveeee what you have done with this layout!!Those flowers are just fantastic!
    Beautifly done!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout!! I love it! I also love that you used some of the Scarlet Lime kit, because now I have an idea of what I can do with it too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable!! I don't have any Shimmerz..I guess I need to come for a visit to play and figure out what to buy.
    Great LO and love those flowers.
    T!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just made my day. I have been looking for tutorials to make flowers. This one was great and apparently I need to go get some shimmers stuff now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read every single one!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye